INIFAC was founded by the following five members:
Our Mission: INIFAC advances mastery in facilitation by helping individuals, groups and organizations around the world achieve collaborative results.
The International Institute for Facilitation (INIFAC) was founded in 2003 when five facilitators came together by a shared passion for facilitation and a drive to promote and advance mastery in facilitation as a competence and skill set globally. These members developed INIFACs first certification program aimed to the following objectives:
- Define a set of facilitator competencies and sub-competencies, with input from facilitators and clients, that define the knowledge and skills needed to achieve outstanding facilitated sessions.
- Establish the highest degree of rigor and consistency available by implementing defined scoring guidelines for each competency and sub-competency.
- Promote the highest standard available for facilitator quality by requiring an 80% or higher assessment score in each competency.
- By offering several competencies and certification programs of highest standard in the industry we ensure quality and results in facilitation that both creates collaborative and effective results.
- The members are still active on the board, heavily involved in certifications, mentoring and training and in the network of facilitators globally.
- INIFAC's purpose is to advance facilitation by helping individuals, groups and organizations around the world achieve collaborative results built on the foundation of the 6 Guiding Principles and Code of Ethics.